SDUncensored.com Terms of Service
This website and organization, SDUncensored.com and SD Uncensored, are owned by Joseph Mahavuthivanij and Boaz Gurdin. This terms of service agreement (TOS) specifies your rights and restrictions in using this free service being provided to you by SD Uncensored. Use of SDUncensored.com constitutes acceptance of these terms of service. SD Uncensored, its administrators (Admins) and moderators (Mods) reserve the right to remove posts or perform administrative action on a user's account priviledges whenever they deem a user's actions to be in violation of these rules. SD Uncensored Admins and Mods (Staff) are the sole interpreters of the following rules/guidelines. They are the ones who determine whether or not a rule has been broken and what administrative actions respond to the violation. The Staff also reserves the right to make exceptions to the following guidelines on a case-by-case basis.
2. Definition of Uncensored
SD Uncensored defines "uncensored" as breaking down barriers to community, communication, and connection that prevent individuals from communicating as they please. SDUncensored.com provides a free public forum for these interactions to occur.
However, a public forum is not the place for certain types of speech. Public free speech is based on the foundation of a free public forum. The basic rules in the TOS protect the continued existence and freedom of our forum by prohibiting: 1) illegal activites that could lead to the shutdown of the forum, 2) threatening remarks that infringe on the freedom and well-being of other participants in the forum, and 3) unruly participants whose purposeful hostile activity destroys the proper functioning of the forum as a comfortable space for community.
Therefore, our basic TOS rules protect free speech.
If you disagree with this notion, if you do not understand why a rule is instituted, or if you have other site issues to debate with us, please direct your comments to the Feedback forum.
3. Forum Ground Rules
3.1 Basic Forum Ground Rules
- Please refrain from posting in all-caps since this is considered yelling in Internet etiquette.
- Heated discussions are permissible, however keep it under control at all times. Do not refrain from heated discussions but do not intentionally start antagonistic or inflammatory threads directed at other individuals or groups of people.
- Keep flaming to a minimum and keep it within reason. Flaming is defined as name-calling, derogatory remarks, and other put-downs. Excessive flaming is not permitted.
- Keep discussions in the appropriate forum, as descibed by the forum descriptions on the front page. If you are unsure about which forum to post your thread in, use your best judgement. Please only use the "UCSD Uncensored" forum for general discussion that does not fit any of the other forum descriptions. In particular, post any questions, comments, complaints, or concerns regarding SD Uncensored, the website, the software, the Staff or the servers in the "Feedback" forum, Instant Message (IM) a moderator or administrator, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you post images or content that is not work-safe BUT not under the pornography heading, make sure you add a warning in your thread title such as "WARNING: Not Work-Safe". Work-safe is defined as material that would be appropriate to be seen in an office or school environment. DO NOT post non-work-safe images or conent directly into an existing thread that does not carry such a warning. Use a link instead.
- Keep posts relevant. When starting or participating in a thread in any forum, please stay as on-topic as possible, and contribute thoughtful posts. This will maintain a meaningful and valuable forum for the community. Threads or posts which are totally off-topic will either be moved to their appropriate forum or deleted altogether.
- SD Uncensored administrators and owners reserve the right to remove old or inactive posts or threads without notice and such removal may result in the subtraction of users' total post counts.
3.1.2 Instant Messages
Instant Messages (IMs) are private conversations between users. Instant Messages on SDUncensored.com are equivalent to Private Messages (PMs) on other message boards. This does not refer to and has no association with instant messaging programs such as AOL Instant Messenger. The Terms of Service still apply to IMs, but we leave it to the user to self-enforce this regulation. Prove to us that you can be responsible!
SD Uncensored staff will NEVER read Instant Messages except under the conditions of
- Request for review by the sender or receiver of a particular message
- Strong suspicion of site misuse in violation of the Terms of Service
- Legal order
Please report any offensive Instant Message that you receive to a moderator or administrator immediately. We will take appropriate actions to help prevent further harassment.
3.1.3 Screen Names and Titles
You are free to choose and edit your screen name and title on SDUncensored.com as often as you like PROVIDED it conforms to the following guidelines:
- If your screen name or title is found to be in violation, the Mods/Admins reserve the right to alter the name and/or ban you. A notification message will be sent to your provided email address explaining the reason for your banning.
- If you are found to have created a screen name or title with the express intent of mocking/mimicking/harassing a specific user, both the mimicking account AND your real account will be banned.
Avatars constitute a post and therefore the Mods/Admins reserve the right to regulate indecent avatars as needed. You may use any avatar that does not fall under any of the following categories:
- Sexually Explicit/Pornography (clothed or not)
- Nudity (regardless of whether private parts are shown or not)
- Figures in a sexual or "prone" position (clothed or not)
- Images that show private parts through clothing (i.e. wet t-shirt pics)
- Images that are racially, politically or religiously offensive
- Images that contain vulgar or profane language
- Images of a drug/narcotic nature
- Images containing copyrighted or otherwise unoriginal work, including avatars taken from other users without the expressed permission from the original creator
Avatars must be work-safe (as defined in the Posts section above), as this site is viewed by people in school and work settings. Basically, if you could expect to see it in public then it is probably okay. Public places mean malls, parks etc. Nude beaches are NOT considered public places.
Penalties for Avatar Violations:
- Your avatar will be removed and you will be warned. You will not be asked to change/remove it. We will do so for you.
- If you use a new avatar that meets the above criteria then no further action will be taken.
- If your new avatar does not meet the above criteria then your avatar will again be removed and you will lose your avatar privileges indefinitely.
- The Mods/Admins also reserve the right to ban users who blatantly disregard the criteria after their initial warning.
- All consequences for violations of Basic Forum Ground Rules still apply.
If you have any questions regarding the appropriateness of an avatar please contact an administrator.
Do not abuse open polls. Open polls are polls where users can vote for existing answer choices or add a new answer choice to the poll, allowing for creativity as well as a broader range of answers. Do not create poll choices that detract from the meaningful survey the poll is intending to take.
Poll choices are considered posts and all general posting rules apply.
Mods/Admins have the ability to see who creates AND votes for each choice on a poll. This information will only be reviewed to take action against a violating poll choice. However, in the process, Mods/Admins may see other voting information, therefore we cannot guarantee voting information to be private. We will never share your voting information.
We try to make polls as accurate as possible by allowing each user only one vote, but we cannot guarantee absolute poll accuracy due to factors such as users with multiple accounts. Therefore we do not recommend using SDUncensored.com polls for any binding vote.
3.1.6 Signatures and Biographies
Signatures and biographies are considered posts, and all posting rules apply.
3.1.7 Marketplace Forum
When an item is sold in the SD Uncensored Marketplace forums, the seller is required to notify a moderator after the sale in order to remove the thread. The thread is removed so that the item will not show up in a search as being available for sale and also prevents unnecessary Instant Messages to the seller.
Classified listings are considered posts and are subject to the same TOS rules including being removed as a result of age or inactivity.
Posts made in the Marketplace forums do not count towards a user's post count, as these posts are temporary in nature, and should be removed as soon as the sale is complete or the post becomes old and inactive without sale.
3.1.8 Feedback Forum
We encourage you to have an open discussion with us and each other in the Feedback forum regarding the features, look, administration, marketing, concept, or other issues related to our site. Compliments and criticisms are equally accepted, and we will try to address as many problems as possible or at least provide an explanation. If you must criticize, please do so constructively, as the TOS still apply to the Feedback forum. Unqualified, disrepectful posts will be deleted and otherwise dealt with as in all the forums according to the TOS.
3.1.9 Private Lounge Forums
Private Lounge forums (Private Lounges) are members-only areas for campus organizations (Organizations) to converse and to hold org business. The following conditions apply to the use of Private Lounges:
- Besides their designated users, SD Uncensored administrators are the only other persons who have access to the private lounge forums, unless the organization chooses to make their private lounge open to the public. It is the responsibility of the users of these lounges to govern themselves in a fair and responsible way.
- They are established by special request and permission - email email@example.com or IM an administrator to request a private lounge.
- They are moderated by SD Uncensored's contact point individual in the organization
- All Terms of Service still apply
- The Organization's moderator agrees to enforce Terms of Service
- SD Uncensored staff will NEVER enter the Private Lounges except under the conditions of
- Lounges open to the public by request of the organization
- Special request by the organization
- Strong suspicion of site misuse in violation of the Terms of Service
- Legal order
SD Uncensored does not use language filters because we believe in allowing our users to speak freely. However, we must prohibit excessive use of profanity as it offends other users, detracts from meaningful discussion, and blemishes the site.
3.1.11 Copyrighted/Unoriginal Work
Do no post copyrighted or otherwise unoriginal work, or links to pirated or copied work, without the expressed permission from the original creator
3.1.12 Confidential Infomation
Users may not use SDUncensored.com to share confidential information, however they obtain it. This includes trade secret information from jobs, classified research, or other information that the user does not have the right to share publicly. An exception to this rule is information contained within a campus organization that is discussed in their private lounge.
Do not post-whore. Post-whoring is defined as any the following:
- Posts which contain no relevant contribution to the thread, topic, or site
- Posting responses to a thread for the sole purpose of boosting post count
- Posting derogatory and/or 1-word answers to a topic
- Posts/Threads that are meaningless and lack the ability to elicit thought-provocative responses
- Posting a short/simple response which shows you replied to the title and not the topic
3.1.14 Violations of Basic Forum Ground Rules
Users who violate the Basic Forum Ground Rules may be punished by any of the following actions:
- Verbal warning via post/IM/email
- Standard MINIMUM drop of a 1% per infraction
- Drop of multiple % points
- Change of user priviledges such as custom title, avatar, and signature
- Application of post restrictions
- Adjustment of post count, including resetting to zero
- Loss/limiting of user priviledges such as custom title, avatar, and signature
3.2 Serious Forum Ground Rules
3.2.1 Illegal Activities
Discussing or planning illegal activities such as the distribution of alcohol to minors, drug use, and other such behavior is not allowed on SDUncensored.com and will not be tolerated. Threads containing this variety of content will immediately be removed and the contributing users will be subject to any/all of the reprimands as listed under Section 3.1.14 of the Terms of Service.
Do not make physical threats to any administrators, moderators or user at any time. These threats include, but are not limited to the following:
- Threats of physical violence towards a user or a user's friends/family
- Threats of stealing another user's possessions
- Threats of vandalizing/defacing another user's possessions
- Threats of hacking and/or defacing SDUncensored.com, its software, or its servers
Do not incite riots or instigate fights.
3.2.3 Racial/Ethnic/Religious/Sexual Orientation Slurs
Do not post anything derogatory or offensive in nature regarding racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual orientation groups. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Use of racial/ethnic/religious/sexual orientation slurs either in general or directed at another user
- Use of derogatory names/terms describing racial/ethnic/religious/sexual orientation groups
- Posting of imagery that can be considered offensive or derogatory towards a specific racial/ethnic/religious/sexual orientation group
3.2.4 Sexually Inappropriate Material
Absolutely no pornography is to be posted at any time in any forum. SD Uncensored defines porn as the following:
- Sexually explicit pictures, writing, or other material whose primary purpose is to cause sexual arousal.
- Images or movies containing full or partial nudity of any kind or acts of a sexual nature
- Links to images, movies or sites whose content is pornographic as outlined above
No sexually degrading or lude topics are to be created/discussed.
Harassment of other users is absolutely prohibited, and will be judged solely by the SD Uncensored staff. Harassment includes derogatory personal remarks, threats, racial/ethnic/religious slurs, sexually inappropriate material, unwanted advances, or unwanted solicitation directed at a particular user or group through an Instant Message or otherwise.
3.2.6 Academic Honesty
Users may not use SDUncensored.com to violate the UCSD Integrity of Scholarship Agreement, or to violate any additional academic honesty agreement to which they are bound.
3.2.7 Forum Spamming
Do not spam SDUncensored.com forums. Spamming is defined by SD Uncensored as the following:
- Posting of links/ads/images in multiple threads and/or forums for the purpose of promoting or selling products/services/websites not associated with SD Uncensored or its owners
- Posting nonsense responses to multiple threads in a rapid fashion
Posting of announcements for events sponsored by UCSD organizations is not considered spamming and is allowed, as long as it is related to the forum topic and follows other general posting rules
Do not create a username that is similar to one already in existence for any reason at any time (mimicking).
Creation and mimicing of ANY existing user's account with the intention of being malitious or degrading towards that user are also subject to an automatic ban of not only the mimicking account, but all other accounts belonging to that user.
3.2.9 Habitual Offenders
Any user who repeatedly/continually/intentionally violates the Basic Forum Ground Rules is subject to be considered as a habitual offender. Habitual offenders are eligible for consequences of violating a Serious Forum Ground Rule.
3.2.10 Violations of Serious Forum Ground Rules
Users who violate the Serious Forum Ground Rules may be punished with any of the consequences of a Basic Forum Ground Rule offense, and also any of the following actions:
- User account ban
- User account deletion
- User IP ban
Note that no distinction is made based on time as a user or prior standing in regards to Serious Forum Ground Rule violations. They are serious in nature and even first-time offenses from any user can result in the most severe of the punishments listed.
4. Enforcement and Appeals of Violations of Forum Ground Rules
4.1 Enforcement of Violations
SD Uncensored moderators and administrators will do the best they can to enforce these terms of service. However, staff has limited time and resources, and some violations will most likely be overlooked. Unenforced violations do not imply any change in the Terms of Service or that any such rules will go uneforced in the future.
If you see offensive material that is in violation in the Terms of Service, please report it to a moderator or administrator immediately.
If a user feels that a sanction was unjust or excessive he/she is encouraged to first talk with the moderator or administrator who assessed the violation. Users can also contact an administrator by email or Instant Message. Note, however, that there is no guarantee that an appeal will be heard or a decision overturned. Decisions are enforced until overturned.
5. Privacy Rights
5.1 User Information Privacy
SD Uncensored will never sell any personal information that it is located or disclosed within the site. However, SD Uncensored reserves the right to disclose anonymous usage statistics of the website to potential advertisers.
5.2 Rights to User-Posted Content
All content posted by the user is the exclusive property of the original author. By posting content on SDUncensored.com, the user grants SD Uncensored unlimited rights to use the content for promotional or other purposes with attribution to the user who posted it. For example, SD Uncensored may quote a post in flyers or other promotional materials.
6.1 Discontinuation or Outages of Service
SD Uncensored administrators and owners reserve the right to permanently discontinue or temporarily suspend service of SDUncensored.com at any time. We will do our best to notify the community before any imminent change or closure of the site, whether permanent or temporary.
Any now to make the lawyers happy, some legal disclaimers:
- THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON SDUncensored.COM ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR/USER AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SD Uncensored OR ANY OF ITS STAFF OR AFFILIATES. SD Uncensored DOES NOT TAKE ANY RIGHTS OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT POSTED ON SDUncensored.COM ASIDE FROM THOSE RIGHTS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.
- SD Uncensored makes no representations or warranties as to the truth, accuracy, or completeness of any statements, information, or materials posted by users on SDUncensored.com.
- Neither SD Uncensored nor any of its affiliates are under any obligation to provide moderating, support, service, corrections, or upgrades to this free service.
- Neither SD Uncensored nor any of its affiliates are responsible for any damages or losses of any kind caused by the use or misuse of SDUncensored.com.
- SD Uncensored makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the decency, quality, safety, or suitability of the service, either expressed or implied, including without limitation any implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- In no event will SD Uncensored be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages, however they may arise even if SD Uncensored has been previously advised of the possibility of such damages.
- SDUncensored.com is a free service supplied "as is". SD Uncensored disclaims all warranties, expressed, or implied.
In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, the same shall not affect in any respect whatsoever the validity of the remainder of this Agreement.
SD Uncensored reserves the right to amend the following rules/guidelines at any time, as necessary, without prior warning. Whenever an amendment is made, a notice of the amendment will be posted as a sitewide announcement.
Amendments to the Terms of Service apply retoactively, so new rules apply to all posts stored on SDUncensored.com, whether posted before or after the Terms of Service Amendment was made.
If you do not understand any part of this terms of service, or are unsure if a post or other behavior on SDUncensored.com is acceptable, please IM an administrator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.